Product Marketing Manager will develop and implement integrated sales/marketing plans and strategies to achieve growth and diversification of the Subscription Sales Department with particular focus on the subscription product offering Standards Connect. Product Marketing Manager will lead and execute market research, marketing programs and promotional campaigns to increase product awareness and visibility, generate qualified leads, increase sales, promote product usage, drive customer satisfaction and increase customer retention.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and driven product marketing professional with experience in digital publishing / content distribution. Responsibilities include developing sales and product collateral materials, communicating product messaging, positioning, market differentiation and competitive advantage relative to other third party distributors of standards publications. Candidate should also have experience with planning, organizing and exhibiting at relevant tradeshows and conferences.
Candidate must be able to prioritize work assignments, work independently and communicate clearly and persuasively. Knowledge and understanding of the standardization marketplace a plus. Candidate must have a proven record of success in planning, developing and executing marketing plans for new and enhanced product launches. The candidate must also have a strong command of web-analytics and ROI-tracking skills and be able to evaluate and assess market data to identify what marketing plans and strategies are working, what is not working and articulate recommendations for either modified or new plans and strategies.
· Develop and execute the strategy and processes of the launch plans for new and enhanced releases of Standards Connect and other subscription offerings;
· Develop market intelligence and expertise on Standards Connect prospects and customers, who are they, their purchase behavior, subscription criteria and process;
· Understanding of the competitive landscape is essential, how the competition positions their products and services in the marketplace and the impact of our competition on sales, web traffic and lead generation ;
· Develop compelling positioning and messaging that differentiates Standards Connect in the marketplace which resonates with prospects and future customers;
· Plan, develop and recommend a marketing plan and budgets to support proposed marketing programs, activities and strategies supporting the launch of new products, enhanced releases of existing products, increase sales, promotion of product usage, customer satisfaction, and increase of customer retention and brand recognition, ;
· Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs and promotional campaigns on an ongoing basis, propose recommendations for necessary changes;
· Lead Voice of Customer efforts -- be the expert and proxy for our customers, identify and define unmet customer needs and wants, propose new features and benefits for future product and technical development;
· Partner across the Institute with other departments to develop and execute cross-marketing / cross-selling programs;
· Work with Customer Service and Sales to inform them of marketing plans and strategies being executed into the marketplace;
· Educate Customer Services and Sales on new features, functionality and benefits as result of new and enhanced product releases. Develop collateral and tools as required;
· Train Customer Service and Sales on using Standards Connect, address customer questions and resolve potential problems that would be expected with new and enhanced releases;
· Research and coordinate with other departments on trade show efforts to ensure proper ANSI representation/knowledge is available;
· Become a standards market expert, lead Voice of Customer, with demonstrable knowledge of subscriptions and standards subscription product offerings
· Key internal resource for subscription business product marketing, programs, data and communication
· Analyze competitive and electronic trends with recommended plans for improvement and growth
· Be prepared to represent the voice of the customer in all product development functions.
Information Security Responsibilities
Attend/complete assigned information security training by the designated completion date.
Read and adhere to published ISMS policies and procedures.
Report timely any observed violations of ISMS policy - or known encroachments on information security - to your department leader and/or the Information Technology Department.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field or 6 years equivalent training in marketing;
· 5+ years of product marketing experience with specialized knowledge of online and subscription product marketing.
· Experience with subscriptions, marketing, analytics and project management.
· Experience positioning and promoting new offerings.
· Ability to transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
· Strong listening skills and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives.
· Track record of successful product launches and proven ability to work cross-functionally in a cross-office environment, exceptional ROI-tracking skills, adeptness at leveraging data to prove what is or isn't working and to inform recommendations.
· General knowledge of web technologies and trends, computer network technologies, and search engine ranking algorithms.
· Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves, work independently and get the job done
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
· Comfortable using product roadmap/management, collaboration and CRM tools such as Webex Teams, Aha!, JIRA, Confluence.
· Familiar with marketing automation tools such as ClickDimensions and Google Analytics
· Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ANSI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type because of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws. ANSI policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About American National Standards Institute
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is the voice of the U.S. standards and conformity assessment system. A private, non-profit organization, ANSI serves as the national coordinator of voluntary standardization activities and conformity assessment systems. We oversee the creation, promulgation and use of thousands of norms and guidelines that directly impact businesses in nearly every sector, and represents the needs and views of U.S. stakeholders in standardization forums around the globe.