The American Family Insurance Agency in is seeking a motivated and dynamic sales and service representative to join their team!
As a sales and customer service-oriented individual, you will provide sell and provide excellent customer service to potential and existing customers. You will be responsible for answering insurance-related questions and discussing product offerings with customers to help meet their unique needs. You'll coordinate prospecting through direct mail and personal insurance reviews, entering leads, pulling motor vehicle and claims reports, entering new applications, and submitting changes on existing policies.
Sales and service representative candidates must have superb customer service and skills must have the ability to develop knowledge of the local market, prospect for new business, use consultative selling techniques, multitask, and work both independently and as part of a team. The sales and service representative will work in a busy, yet exciting and fun office environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior customer service experience in a professional business setting
• Prior experience in a professional sales setting – including, but not limited to prospecting, networking, preparing quotes, and delivering presentations
• Effective communication skills – via phone, email, or in-person
• Experience with PC software applications Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, etc.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical skills
• Property and Casualty insurance licensing is preferred prior to starting and is required within 30 days of beginning employment
• Life and Health insurance licensing is preferred
• A valid driver's license
The position will work Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The sales and service representative will receive competitive base compensation and will be eligible for commissions and bonuses based on performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to launch your career with the ability to learn and grow with a successful and respected American Family Insurance agency. Make this job your first step on a path to a very bright future!
The sales and service representative is a staff member of the agency and not an employee of American Family Insurance.
About American Family Insurance
At American Family Insurance, we know how hard our customers and employees work to achieve their dreams. That's why, for over 90 years, we have made it our mission to protect those dreams. It's all part of who we are and who we’ll always be… innovative, caring, agile, trustworthy, transparent and passionate. We are a strong, forward-looking company and a proven leader in our industry. And if you are looking to make a difference, we are looking for you.