Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Associate works closely with senior sales professionals and relationship managers, providing day to day support in their sales and relationship management goals. Associates have a comprehensive knowledge of their teams’ assigned territory business plans, client service plans and marketing campaigns. Associates are product generalists as they may support sales teams specializing in assets classes or teams that are product generalists.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide sales and relationship management support. Individuals in this position will also engage in intermittent travel to covered territory and may have direct responsibility for a subset of the client base with typical focus on smaller clients with straightforward service needs. In addition to territory coverage, travel and attendance at industry conferences, they will occasionally provide coverage for clients in other regions as a back-up.
- Partner with designated senior sales and relationship managers by providing follow-up and sales/relationship management support.
- Coordinate targeted outreach campaigns to clients and prospects.
- Assist in sales and cross selling initiatives and transactions with senior managers.
- Review industry publications such as iiSearches and FundFire on a daily basis to stay informed on industry trends and opportunities.
- Proficiently utilize applications such as Sales Force, eVestment Alliance, MMD and Preqin for meeting preparation, activity & pipeline capture, to run competitive analysis of products.
- Responsible for some smaller relationships with straightforward service needs with a focus on asset retention.
- Responsible for effectively partnering with colleagues across channels and affiliate investment firms to promote one
Team value system and serve shared clients effectively.
- Contributes to overall Institutional team with sales and client service ideas, best practices and learned industry knowledge.
- Responsible for a core competence of Nuveen products and the Nuveen story.
- Coordinate or participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; FINRA Series 7, 63 required (or need to be obtained)
- Minimum of three years of financial services industry experience. Minimum of 1 year in a relationship management or sales support capacity with a Financial Services firm.
- Strong financial services business acumen and experience required. Specifically this associate must have an understanding of the Institutional marketplace, understanding of the Nuveen products, organizational goals and structure.
- 5 years of financial services industry experience, with background in the institutional marketplace.
- Interest in pursuing MBA, CFA, or CAIA.
- Background in institutional sales or relationship management preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible and highly adaptable.
- Able to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable.
Nuveen, the investment management arm of TIAA, is one of the largest investment managers in the world with $989 billion in assets under management.
Managing a broad array of assets across diverse asset classes, geographies, and investment styles, we offer solutions for a range of investors including pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, banks and family offices.
We believe that every investment we make has the potential to expand into the lives and communities around us — a belief that guides everything we do. To best serve our clients and help them reach their outcome goals, we have created a unique structure that combines the scale and infrastructure of a large asset manager with the expertise of investment specialists across all asset classes whose distinct investment processes and cultures help drive results. Our standout capabilities include a wide range of liquid and illiquid alternative strategies such as real estate, real assets (farmland, timber, infrastructure), private equity and debt, in addition to both traditional and fixed income assets. And we often invest alongside our clients, helping ensure that we are aligning our interests with theirs.