Employer Overview: The Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting brings together thousands of pediatricians and other health care providers united by a common mission: improving the health and well-being of children worldwide. This international gathering includes diverse child health researchers, clinician educators, public health professionals, and clinical care providers. The PAS Meeting is led by four associations - the Academic Pediatric Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Pediatric Society, and the Society for Pediatric Research - in partnership with three alliance societies - the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology, the Pediatric Endocrine Society, and the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society - and over 20 affiliate pediatric societies. This leadership is united in pursuit of the vision for the PAS Meeting to be the premier North American scholarly child health meeting. The PAS administrative staff supports this vison by its implementation of the PAS Meeting strategic plan throughout PAS Meeting operations.
Position Summary: This position reports to the Director, Resource Development and works closely with the PAS Meeting staff and its vendors to successfully coordinate sponsorship and exhibitor fulfillment needs. Utilizing an 18-month timeline, the Resource Development Coordinator will help manage logistical needs related to sponsorship/ exhibitor sales and fulfillment. The ideal candidate will be someone excited to grow and learn as this position will move to a future management role with deeper responsibility. All Outreach and Resource Development goals and activities will be accomplished in a way that advances the PAS Meeting Strategic Plan established by the PAS Meeting Executive Committee.
Key Responsibilities Include: Establish, cultivate, and maintain personal contacts and strategic relationships with existing and new industry/non-industry partners. Specifically:
· Coordinate CME outreach related to sponsorship and exhibit sales to insure 100% compliance with regulatory guidelines
· Work closely with the PAS General Contractor to maintain PAS Sponsorship, Exhibitor and Donor databases
· Initiate support activities as needed to coordinate and manage growth strategies for new and current sponsor/exhibitor partners
· Work closely with the Director, Resource Development to create and implement marketing and advertising strategies
· Administrative responsibilities related to ensuring timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, reports, and fulfillment including prompt acknowledgment of grant and sponsorship funding
· Partner with vendors to co-manage sponsorship and exhibitor fulfillment responsibilities
· Work closely with Director, Resource Development to arrange and attend sponsorship meetings to secure sponsorships and grant funding; prepare appropriate briefing materials
· Attend training, conferences or other events to maintain awareness of best practices, changes in regulation or other developments in medical meeting partnerships when needed
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing or other business-related fields.
Experience: 3 -5 years related work experience in sales or marketing, conference or exhibit planning or outreach related planning role; experience in a non-profit association is preferred, but not required.
Skills: Ability to work in a new and growing team environment where collaboration is essential daily. Strong attention to detail and goal-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize, a creative solutions builder, and an active listener are essential qualities to succeed. Proficient verbal and written communication skills with key partners and society members, conference attendees, vendors, and on-site staff are required. Efficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM software.
· Send cover letter and resume to Carmen Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cover letter needs to include responses to the following questions to be considered:
1. Why are you applying for this position?
2. Why would you like to work with our company?
3. How does this position fit in with your long-term goals?
4. If currently employed, how much notice do you need to give to your employer?
5. What are your salary expectations?
6. This is a partially remote position. Do you have experience working in a remote position? Do you have access to (e.g. a computer, Internet connection and a private space) to work remotely?
7. Do you have experience using CRM, email automation, and/or exhibit mapping software for sales and marketing purposes?
8. Mention two or three projects you have worked on that are relevant to this position (e.g. marketing, sales, event planning).
9. Can you provide us with a sample or demonstration of your best work?
About Pediatric Academic Societies
The Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting brings together thousands of pediatricians and other health care providers united by a common mission: improve the health and well-being of children worldwide. This international gathering includes researchers, academics, as well as clinical care providers and community practitioners. Presentations cover issues of interest to generalists as well as topics critical to a wide array of specialty and sub-specialty areas.