The Communications Manager oversees a comprehensive internal communications program, acting as focal point for coordinating internal communications across the organization and is a strategic adviser to executives and key internal stakeholders on important organizational communications initiatives. The Manager develops public relations plans to support system announcements and initiatives and coaches/supports executives and other stakeholders on plan execution. The Manager also oversees community relations efforts, including special events. The Manager oversees news media relations and builds positive relationships with all media outlets and reporters.
The position manages, develops, and oversees daily operations including achieving operating and capital budgets, coding for maximum reimbursement, appropriate billing practices and service delivery to stakeholders. Position oversees all human resource functions to include hiring, training, performance reviews and recognition and reward. Develops and champions department performance and behavioral standards and works to continually improve quality of services. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements and holds leaders and staff accountable for meeting goals. Utilizes and applies quality process improvement principles in achieving administrative responsibilities.
Job Dimension & Assigned Areas
Leader will have direct accountability for managing resources through proper budgeting, planning, utilization, evaluation and corrective action in accordance with established policies, procedures and practices for the following assigned departments and/or other primary areas of responsibility: Communications
5 Years of Related Experience
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 25160
About Altru Health System
WHY CHOOSE GRAND FORKS AND THE RED RIVER VALLEY?
GRAND FORKS IS WAY COOLER THAN YOU THINK
Altru Health System is the largest employer in Grand Forks County, and the third largest employer in the state of North Dakota, according to Job Service North Dakota.
Altru Health System serves a large region across northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Our region, also known as the Red River Valley, is an excellent place to live, work and raise a family. Some local features include:
• National and state parks and lakes with numerous outdoor activities to enjoy year-round
• Great education systems, from kindergarten through college
• National champion college sports teams, including UND Sports
• Vibrant downtown with plenty to see and do, including recreation, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, arts and theater
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
• A focus on service, clinical excellence, patient safety, and health promotion
• An emphasis on coaching, mentoring, and continual professional growth/develop¬ment of innovative practitioners
• A focus on improving care through the use of research, science-based evidence, best practice, and documented outcomes responding to work env...ironment challenges
• A healing environment that supports the patient, family, and staff
• A spirit of partnership and cooperation of team dynamics
• Respect and recognition of the value of work contributions
• Shared moments of excellence
• Do what you love. Make a difference. Join our team of over 4,000 health professionals and support staff committed to caring for the region for more than 100 years.
• At Altru Health System, we are serious about providing an exceptional patient experience and positively impacting the communities we serve. Our physician-led, community-owned, not-for-profit health system serves over 225,000 residents in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota. We are a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
THE FUTURE OF LOCAL HEALTHCARE - NEW FACILITY IN 2022
As a regional-owned health system, Altru has provided outstanding healthcare for over 130 years. Our bold new era of care is our plan for the next 130 years and is our commitment to our region’s physical and economic health.
• An investment of over $305 million
• A brand new 21st century hospital
• Expanded clinic services
• Extensive deployment of new technology
• Cutting edge surgical and emergency services
• A population approach to healthcare