NAEA is seeking a seasoned membership professional to join our team. The Manager of Membership Operations and Engagement will oversee, direct, coordinate, and administer membership acquisition, renewal, and benefits and promotional programs by performing duties personally or through her/his staff. Manages the daily operations including customer/member relations, database management, data integrity, report generation, customer transactions, and the membership application approval and renewal processes. Work cross-departmental to ensure high-level member service in addition to responding to membership and member service-related inquiries and issues in a timely, effective and efficient, manner. Compile relevant data and statistics for use by Association staff.
Membership operations oversight
• In collaboration with the Senior Director and marketing manager, establishes short- and long-range goals to achieve the organization’s membership objectives.
• Oversee the day to day management and execution of membership operations, including ensuring timely delivery of renewal invoices and member notices and communications around the renewal process
• Oversee the day to day management and execution of membership reports, including executing essential functions to suspend, reinstate or terminate members. Ensure timely delivery of reports to state affiliates and third party marketing companies
• Manage and initiate new member and new contact on-boarding processes. Initiate opportunities for member/potential member outreach both verbal and written as well as occasions to incorporate NAEA advocacy into recruitment and retention activities.
• Generate and recommends methods and programs to increase member engagement in the achievement of the goals of the Association.
• Lead collaborator with Manager of Marketing to develop and deliver successful recruitment and retention plans for membership, including defining objectives, identifying audiences and success measurements
• Lead technical expert on database functionality as it relates to membership operations and essential functions, working closely with the IT Application Administrator. Manage reporting systems to track member participation, member positions, and other membership information
State affiliate (chapter) support
• Provide staff support to Affiliate Council to include collaborating with volunteer leadership on developing agendas for in person meetings and regular conference calls
• Oversee administrative responsibilities related to state affiliates (chapters), including ensuring accuracy of leadership information and terms
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience • 4-6 years related experience with demonstrated results • Proven ability to manage multiple projects on deadline with competing priorities and stakeholder • Demonstrated database expertise in association management systems (AMS) and/or marketing automation software (experience with Fonteva and/or Pardot is a plus) • Experience in leading or managing database upgrades and/or transitions • Strong organizational skills required, including a demonstrated ability to plan and organize work to achieve optimal results with minimal supervision • Strong written and verbal communications • Ability to interact with high-level individuals internally and externally, with professionalism and diplomacy • Performance driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated • Ability to travel to meetings and/or annual conference
Additional Salary Information: Salary to commensurate with experience
About National Association of Enrolled Agents
NAEA is the organization powering enrolled agents, America’s tax experts®! We provide the networking, educational opportunities, programs, and services that enable enrolled agents, tax professionals and students to excel beyond their peers. Membership in NAEA is a key building block of success for enrolled agents and tax professionals seeking to provide the highest level of representation for their clients and for unlicensed preparers and CPAs thinking of advancing their careers by becoming enrolled agents.