Nationwide is a leader in the insurance and financial services industry in America. We are a Fortune 66 company with a mission to keep our members, their loved ones and their belongings protected.
We commit to every employee and community we serve by emphasizing employee development and charity partnerships, such as our annual United Way campaign. That’s how we win Gallup’s Great Workplace Award year after year and why we’ve been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
We are growing our Southwest Regional Sales team in Salt Lake City, UT where we drive the profitability of agencies that sell Nationwide products. Qualified candidates will reside in the territory or immediately surrounding it.
We have fun here working together as a team and also realize the importance of working independently.
The main goal of this team is to drive the growth and profitability of agencies that sell Nationwide products.
Reporting Relationships: You report to the Sales Director and have no direct reports.
A typical day in your life as a Sales Manager might include:
· Leading a district of Nationwide distribution points from a field location
· Achieving profit and growth goals through the management and development of agencies by district
· Building and launching sales practices that increase shelf space, profits and customer retention
· Holding an agent responsible for their goals
· Partnering with regional sales on growth and profit strategies
· Collecting critical local market information
· Doing a competitive analysis on local market and industry trends
· Recommending appointment and termination of agencies
· Leading and influencing sales activities by establishing relationships with agencies
· Being the primary owner of the agency relationship within the district
· Advising and overseeing agents and agency training, often regarding customer service
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay salary range is 87-123k with incentive and opportunities to increase that based on performance. Other benefits include:
· Enjoying time with your family/pets/yourself (we understand) with up to 23 days of paid time off and 9 to 10 paid holidays per year
· A 401k match and company-funded pension plan
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance (part of our Wellness Program)
· Up to $5250 in tuition reimbursement per year after your first year
· Flexible scheduling and/or workspaces
· Excellent opportunities for growth and promotion
· A network of diverse employee resource groups
· Special discounts through Plenti Rewards and perks through Abenity
You travel frequently meeting agencies with extended stays (a valid driver’s license and safe driving record are required). You typically work from the field (including regional offices for meetings and events) and home.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Nationwide embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a meaningful way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work can be.
The Sales Manager drives the people that make the sale. Do you think you’ve got what it takes to make the cut? You should have:
· 8 years of sales or sales management experience
· Expertise in business concepts including financial pro forma, operating plans, goal setting and sales and marketing techniques
· A good understanding of property and casualty products, fiduciary responsibility and compliance requirements
· A strong knowledge of personal lines and commercial lines small market business
· Core skills in hiring, communicating and presentations
· The desire to complete licensing requirements for Life, P&C, Accident and Health upon hire
You might also have:
· Undergraduate studies in general business, insurance, sales, marketing or related fields. An undergraduate degree is desirable
· Technical designations such as CPCU, CLU, CHFP or equivalent insurance designation preferred
· Property casualty or financial services experience
· Previous leadership experience
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Imagine a place where you do meaningful work every day. Where the effort you put in is acknowledged and rewarded. Where your sense of purpose is discovered and fostered. Where you can be your very best self. You’ve found that place in Nationwide. We are America’s most diversified financial services organization. We’re trusted advisers for our members, offering solutions like home and auto insurance, life insurance, retirement savings tools such as annuities and mutual funds as well as business insurance, pet insurance and identify theft protection. Join something great, where you can make a difference!