Managing relationships with clients effectively and winning new business are critical to our firm. We need experienced business-to-business marketing, business development and operations professionals with a deep understanding of the requirements of leading international clients. You can expect considerable scope to demonstrate your imagination. It’s also important that you bring meticulous attention to detail and a structured approach. The ability to work with stakeholders remotely as well as a passion for improvement is key to being successful within our team.
• Collaborate with a number of client teams who are supporting some of our largest financial institution relationships, to ensure they are operating in accordance with best practice and instil a proactive approach to relationship management. • Identify opportunities to grow the relationship and work with client teams to realize this. • Engage our clients on topics that resonate with them. • Work with client teams and sector group leaders to drive the client feedback program. • Track market developments (both industry-wide and client specific) to ensure we stay ahead of competitors in our approach to relationship management. • Build network of contacts within each client and act as the point of contact for the legal/commercial management teams at key financial institution clients.
• Proactively look for market information to share with client teams and make recommendations on how best to action the intelligence. • Work with our Business Insights team to ensure our client teams are aware of key market developments concerning their clients.
• Using your market knowledge of fintech, work with our global fintech team to secure new mandates, through building our network of contacts, raising our profile in the market and sharing knowledge amongst the group to make more compelling client propositions.
• Work with the client teams to manage the financial aspects of Freshfields’ relationship with key financial institutions clients, to: • optimise our revenue and profitability whilst enhancing our relationship, and • ensure we deliver upon our client service obligations. • Review and interpret complex financial information from a variety of sources. • Advise the relationship team on the commercial management of the relationship.
• Work with lead partners, the Client Solutions team, Knowledge, Pricing and our centralised Pitch Centre teams on high-value pitch opportunities to increase our probabilities of winning. • Collaborate with our centralised Pitch Centre teams to ensure there is a good understanding and knowledge base of our capabilities and experience related to financial institutions in support of creating compelling pitches.
Deliver business plan initiatives / drive profitable revenue growth
• Work alongside sector group leaders and relationship partners to identify opportunities to drive profitable growth. • Attend meetings and contribute to the discussion around client imperatives and ambitions. •Organize business development trips to clients, and encourage partners to stay in regular contact with key clients.
• Degree educated with a minimum of 2:1 final grade, with post-graduate legal and/or marketing qualifications. • Relevant marketing and business development experience or financial management of client relationships. • Experience of working in a law firm or professional services environment that requires buy-in and engagement of senior management or partners and working across cultures successfully. • Experience of working with multi-locational teams, e.g. multi-office initiatives and leveraging centralised resources. • Experience working in or in relation to global financial institutions. • Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, clarify and share information easily • The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people, including partners • Strong emotional intelligence and situational awareness • Resilient and able to remain calm and positive under pressure • Proactive, decisive and mature in judgment • A commitment to the highest levels of integrity and performance
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. EOE M/F/V/D/SO
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP
With over 2,800 lawyers in 27 key business centers around the world, Freshfields combines an unrivalled breadth of expertise across practice areas and borders with tremendous growth opportunities within our US practices. This unique balance defines our work style and culture. On one side, there's the friendliness, personal attention and lack of hierarchy you find in a small firm; on the other, the comprehensive network, breadth of work and resources of an international organization. We're a collegial firm - we work, learn and socialize together as one team. We're also truly international in both outlook and opportunity.