This dynamic role reports to the Director Public Relations & Content Development in the New York office, to create digital marketing strategies for social media channels, website, SEO/SEM as well as assists in the implementation and execution of these strategies. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated project management experience and strong attention to detail. The post acts as a liaison with internal project team members and agency partners regarding timely delivery of materials, changes to scope and delivery dates and provides regular reports and project dashboards to leadership. Acts as content manager and liaises with the social media agency in providing proper assets for all social media channels, meeting all deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The postholder will:
· Ensure website content is consistent with Bermuda’s brand, seasonal content strategy and marketing campaigns and update website content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
· Direct partner relationships with website developers, design team and hosting companies.
· Work with search engine marketing (SEM) consultants to determine and coordinate search engine optimization strategies. Evaluate and recommend new SEM opportunities.
Social Media Channels
· Have responsibility for strategy, content & implementation of social media channels and marketing. Direct team members on social media tool management, best practices and policy.
· Serve as the day-to-day social community manager, monitoring all channels and addressing issues as they arise. Coordinate timely and appropriate responses as needed, including outside of regular business hours, including weekend assignments per Director.
· Brainstorm new and creative social strategies and campaign ideas to elevate brand awareness and drive engagement/growth; partner with agencies of record to develop briefs and guide the strategic framework of a campaign’s digital activation.
· Ensure all digital marketing channels are aligned with brand and marketing calendars while keeping an eye out for potential issues and/or opportunities.
· Collaborate within and across divisions in addition to agency partners to align digital and print content.
· Work with team members and partners to constantly update digital content.
· Establish working relationships with all members of the BTA and on-island key stakeholders as necessary.
Strategy, Management, Budget & Reporting
· Work with advertising agency on digital ad buys, analytics, attribution and optimizations.
· Promote and service film and photo shoot opportunities including lead development and follow up, distribution of location, production and immigration requirements. Work seamlessly with on-island team members for fulfillment.
· Ensure careful planning, timely delivery and maintain budgetary control of various digital projects and compilation of reports
· Develop, monitor, manage, track and measure systems designed to quantify Bermuda Tourism Authority’s online presence. Measure the effectiveness of online presence in the areas of social media and customer outreach.
· Serve as the expert on emerging trends and technologies, providing recommendations to the sales & marketing team.
· Monitor and report on web traffic, and report to department heads on areas of improvement and/or status updates.
· Manage Front Line Ambassador.
· Actively participate on behalf of Bermuda Tourism Authority online workshops, conferences and networking opportunities in order to gain insight into trends in the market.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field
Five to seven years’ relevant experience
Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work within tight deadlines
Ability to prioritize activities and deliverable's and manage communications through multiple channels
Proven experience in managing social media campaigns and communities
Superb planning and an ability to execute initiatives through completion
Proficient computer skills
Demonstrate a keen understanding of and a complete commitment to the BTA mission, vision, goals and the National Tourism Plan, including key initiatives, quick wins and timelines
Demonstrated ability to convey a sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect
Ability to live, work in the United States. Ability to travel and a clean driving record is essential
Represent the BTA professionally at company and client sponsored events
About Bermuda Tourism Authority
The Bermuda Tourism Authority is an independent, forward-thinking tourism enterprise - dynamic, entrepreneurial and vibrant. We are the singular voice that continually evolves Bermuda as a world-class tourism destination. We are partners with the Government of Bermuda and its people to grow tourism and create jobs.