OMWD is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Administrative Analyst. This at-will position responsibilities include performing a variety of routine to difficult analytical and administrative duties in support of assigned function including District programs pertaining to grant/award administration, community outreach, legislative analysis, conservation, and project management.
Performs a variety of professional-level research, administrative, and analytical duties. Utilizes comprehensive desktop publishing and graphic design skills to develop various promotional, educational, and conservation news releases and brochures. Prepares PowerPoint presentations and other electronic media as needed for projects or meetings. Prepares staff reports and outreach materials. Compiles and maintains regulatory documentation databases or systems. Conducts independent research by which to complete and submit grant applications; administers grants upon achievement. Understands, interprets, and applies pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they pertain to the District. Engages local, state, and federal representatives on proposed legislation, including writing comment letters, attending meetings, and collaborating with lobbyists. Assists with the preparation and execution of agreements, contracts, and other documentation. Represents OMWD at professional group meetings. Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the fields of legislation, public relations, public administration, public education, and conservation. Generates original, clear, and concise business correspondence which may require posting and/or publication. Monitors work of consultants. Effectively budgets. Performs customer service related duties.
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in public administration, business administration, communications, or a related field, or five years of progressive responsibility is required. Minimum of five years of progressive responsibility; two years minimum experience in planning and coordinating public information campaigns, legislative analysis, grant/award administration, and/or public relations.
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm on Wednesday, September 4, 2019
District application and resume required.
About Olivenhain Municipal Water District
Olivenhain Municipal Water District is a public agency providing water, wastewater services, recycled water, and hydroelectricity. The District also operates the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve.
OMWD has a competitive benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Dental Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Vision Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance (100% District paid)
• CalPERS Retirement Plan (2.5% at 55 for “classic” members or 2% at 62 for “new” members)
• Long-term disability (50% District paid)
• Vacation: 1-5 years = 96 hours per year
• Holidays: 10 days + 3 floating holidays (28hrs/yr after 12 months of service)
• Sick Days: 96 hours per year
• Education Reimbursement of $2,000 per fiscal year
• Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
• 125 Flexible Spending and VEBA Accounts
• 9/80 Work Schedule
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Programs and On-site gym
• And a great work environment!