Wightman is a 110 person Engineering and Architecture firm located in Western Michigan. We are fortunate to live and work in an area of the country where many people journey for vacation. Our offices in Benton Harbor, Kalamazoo and Allergan are located near great clients and major recreation!
We have a key opening for a Practice Leader, ideally located in Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids. We're looking for someone who's comfortable being the face of the practice, developing business and leading the front end of projects as the clients trusted advisor. In this role you will:
- Seek and win work with new and existing clients
- Hire, manage, direct and mentor your team.
- Be a part of the pursuit of work pursued by others as your expertise, time and interests align.
- Contribute to the leadership of the Architectural Practice and the firm.
What we're looking for is a degree in Architecture and at least 3 years experience in an outward facing role developing business, winning work and leading staff. This is a long term strategic hire, and the successful person will find themselves an owner in a well managed and growing firm.
- Degree in Architecture
- Experience pursuing work and leading clients
- The ability to lead clients on the front end of projects
- Experience in Education, Commercial, Industrial or Civic markets is preferred.
- An desire to live in and be a dynamic part of the communities of the region.
Thomas Ward is a retained recruiter working on behalf of firms to help them attract and hire key staff. He has 35 years experience as a retained recruiter, 21 focused solely in architecture and consulting. Tom has a high level understanding of the Architectural profession and what it takes to be successful in leadership roles. You'll find his profile and references at https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasrward/