The SSA Director of Marketing & Outreach is a position reporting to the SSA SVP of Marketing & Communications with additional support provided directly to the SSA President & CEO. The position creates a new collective, enterprise-wide structure in strategic planning and implementation of marketing for the SSA.
• Continue to develop marketing strategic plan and implement with unified message delivered over enterprise-wide (membership) and public platforms.
• Responsible for content to promote member loyalty and enhance member relationships utilizing marketing & communications resources (email, social, etc.).
• Responsible for producing content to utilize across platforms including, but not limited to SSA websites, social media, magazine, programs, survey’s and promotional materials.
• Assist SVP of Marketing & Communications in implementation and ongoing utilization of SSA's Association Management System (Euclid’s ClearVantage) with respect to outreach/marketing capabilities.
• Develop compelling road shows (power point) with President & CEO to utilize at state events, national conferences and for use during presentations to the SSA Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
• Work with Dir. of Communications to leverage social media, broadly to advance SSA public image; and to promote narrow demands, such as events, education, data and research
• Manage the strategic development and supervise maintenance (content management system) of SSA's website as directed by SSA SVP of Marketing & Communications; as well as (smaller) websites of SSA-managed state associations.
• Draft compelling renewal and new member packages, including letters and collateral materials as directed by SVP of Marketing & Communications in collaboration w/ Membership and State Association Program staff.
• Work with SSA President & CEO, Marketing and Communications Team on production needs for national conferences that complement conference programing (developed by education staff). This includes video, script development, speech writing and fulfillment.
• At national conferences, provide general session program support and other onsite staff needs as needed.
• Position the SSA as the main destination for self storage industry resources and information
• Increasing and sustaining association membership
• Increasing event attendance
• Bring awareness of the SSA to industry professionals and public alike
• Promote a positive industry image and reputation
• Promote industry education through the SSA's online offerings (webinars, etc.)
• Improve advertising and sponsorship sales potential for the association by leveraging promotional opportunities and tools attractive to industry vendors
• Increasing SSA brand awareness with state associations and industry professionals
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree, 3- 5 years marketing management, social media strategist ; excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Self Storage Association (SSA) is a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization formed in 1975 under Section 501-c-6 of the Internal Revenue Code. For more than 38 years the Association has served as the official trade organization and voice of the U.S. and international self storage industry. SSA is the registered lobbying entity representing the industry’s 50,000 facilities before the U.S. Congress and federal departments and agencies. The association is also quite active in representation of the industry before state legislative and regulatory bodies. The national SSA is formally affiliated with some 38 state and regional associations within the United States. And with 8 international organizations representing another 12,000 self storage facilities situated in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Latin America and South America.