At AMGA we’re paving the way for medical groups and integrated systems of care to deliver the next level of high-performance health. We have an opening for a Senior Manager, Marketing, reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager, Marketing is to develop strategy, create messaging, implement tactics, and analyze results for revenue-generating programs and services across AMGA and its affiliates (AMGA Analytics, AMGA Consulting, and AMGA Foundation). The role aims to generate and maximize awareness, revenue, attendance, web traffic, and other measurable goals.
The Senior Marketing Manager is part of the seven-member Marketing and Communications department, led by the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. The role provides direct supervision of the Communications Project Assistant.
The ideal candidate will be a smart self-starter with superior communications and organizational skills and a knowledge or interest in health care. The ideal candidate will also display a high energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, be a flexible, adaptable, team player, and integrate with corporate culture, working with a variety of staff and member contacts.
· Leads revenue-generating marketing for AMGA and its affiliates to drive registration, revenue, and other measureable goals for in-person and virtual events, publications, service lines, member-only programs, and more
· In collaboration with key team members, leads digital marketing strategy for AMGA (to include support of new AMS/CMS, integration of SEO strategy, exploration of personalization/retargeting opportunities)
· Responsible for developing, implementing, and analyzing integrated marketing plans to reach key stakeholders and achieve goals
· Develops content for email marketing, print materials (e.g., fliers, brochures, postcards), paid digital campaigns (e.g., social media, geotargeting, display ads), website, and other channels
· Manages paid digital campaigns, with support of marketing/communications agency
· Coordinates email marketing efforts across the organization; responsible for ongoing optimization, list management, staff training, quality control, master schedule, template design, and more
· Uses database (currently iMIS) to build segmented/targeted marketing lists
· Develops and employs systems and processes to improve marketing efficiency and impact, such as project management processes and software, reporting functionalities, database maintenance, and more
· Works closely with Marketing and Communications team to maintain brand and message consistency
· Provides direct supervision of Communications Project Assistant
Required Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree required in a related field (marketing, public relations, communications)
· 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
· Experience working for membership association and/or PR agency is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to plan and project manage integrated marketing/communications campaigns
· High level of experience with email marketing platforms to design and distribute emails, create automated campaigns, evaluate performance (e.g., Informz, Higher Logic, Constant Contact)
· Experience using association management software to build lists, integrate with website, and evaluate efforts (iMIS or Nimble experience a plus)
· Experience with common utilized social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
· Experience with HTML, Photoshop, Google Analytics, and SEO
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
· Supervisory experience preferred
Position Type: Full time
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to CommsJob@amga.org.
American Medical Group Association (AMGA) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
About AMGA (American Medical Group Association)
AMGA is a trade association leading the transformation of health care in America. Representing multispecialty medical groups and integrated systems of care, we advocate, educate, innovate, and empower our members to deliver the next level of high performance health. AMGA is the national voice promoting awareness of our members’ recognized excellence in the delivery of coordinated, high quality, high-value care. More than 175,000 physicians practice in our member organizations, delivering care to one in three Americans.