CTG is seeking a User Experience (UX/UI) Designer to join our clients rapidly evolving User Experience team. We offer a competitive salary and benefit options.
In this role, you will apply User Centered Design principles to take on complex tasks to assess, form requirements, and develop product experiences that promote good design and an industry-leading user experience for our client’s products and solutions.
To achieve these goals, you will collaborate closely with Designers, Researchers, Developers, and Product Managers throughout the design process. From creating user flows and wireframes to building prototypes and design specifications, you’ll be an advocate for your users and ensure our products surpass their expectations.
• Identify user insights and lead new initiatives to deliver industry-leading user experiences
• Understand user needs and other motivating factors and then translate them into concepts
• Utilize ideation and storytelling skills to effectively communicate design ideas
• Design across various products and platforms (PC, mobile, web, Android, iOS, etc.
• Create low and high-fidelity wireframes, user flows, and functional prototypes and help drive information architecture, customer journey maps, and other design methodologies
• Support usability studies on prototypes and existing designs during various phases of concept and product development. Translate study results into actionable design recommendations and product requirements.
• Plan and execute iterative user research including but not limited to competitive assessments, benchmarking, customer interviews, concept testing, usability testing and heuristic evaluations. Educate others outside the User Experience team on UX design methodologies and advocate the benefits of good UX design.
• Think creatively and strategically about the end-to-end customer experience and encourage a design way of thinking in the group
• Work collaboratively with cross functional project team members and business peers to propose the best experience for the end user
• Deliver and maintain design specifications, pattern libraries, and other design documents that will be used as guidance for cross-functional team members
• Establish a technical vitality plan to remain current in fields of user experience, interaction design, visual design, and product design
• Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms with colleagues, management, and external parties both in the U.S. and other countries
Required Technical/Functional Skills:
• Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX, UI, interaction design, visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving
• Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and a fluency of best practices for user-centered design process, user experience principles and techniques
• Strong eye for layout, color, iconography, and typography
• Experience working directly with other user experience and design professionals
• Experience working in an Agile environment or with LeanUX
• Experience in designing complex applications which are rich in interaction
• Familiarity and experience executing a user-centered design (UCD) driven product (or concept) through a development process
• Detail oriented with the ability to be pragmatic and keep the ‘big picture’ in mind
• Be able to work independently as well as take direction and work within established strategic and business guidelines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and international multidisciplinary team environment
• Expert in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.
• Experience designing animations and using developer languages such as HTML/CSS [ desired ]
• Strong presentation, negotiation, and communication skills
• Language proficiency: Excellent written and verbal English (required)
• Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in interaction design, visual design or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years (required), minimum 5 years (preferred) professional experience in user experience (UX), user interface design (UI), interaction design, information architecture, design, or a related field
Expert in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Internal Number: 18209589
Computer Task Group (CTG) is an American multinational company headquartered in Buffalo, New York, that provides information technology staffing and solutions. Our local office in Morrisville, NC is recognized as a strategic partner for several Fortune 500 corporations across multiple industries.