The Bookstore Sales Associate is the main point of contact between the University Bookstore and the Bookstore's wide and diverse customer base. This person should offer accurate, professional and congenial customer service in all aspects of a variety of duties in support of Bookstore operations. This employee also performs all the shipping duties for the Bookstore.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and occasional Saturdays
Duties Include but are not limited to:
Facilitates sales and service to store customers and performs a variety of duties supporting operations of the Bookstore
Point-of-sale functions - opening, closing, inventory adjustments, item and customer lookups, posting, voids, etc.
Taking phone calls
Assisting with stock/restocking
Assisting with merchandising
Ships Bookstore orders
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) Required 1-3 years of experience as retail sales associate required.
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status.
About Northwestern Health Sciences University
Northwestern Health Sciences University is a progressive institution educating the next generation of health care professionals. Located in Bloomington, MN, the institution has been a fixture in the market since 1941.
The University has a clear mission and reputation of developing excellent academic and professional programs in what has been traditionally described as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). Their deep history is rooted in their founding of The College of Chiropractic, established over 70 years ago which continues to provide more than 85% of the practicing Doctors of Chiropractic (DC) in the state of Minnesota.
While the institution’s history is rooted in the chiropractic profession, the University strives to position itself as an institution focused more broadly on health and wellness. As the demand for their graduates in chiropractic, acupuncture, nutrition, oriental medicine and massage therapy continues to grow, they believe they are uniquely positioned to offer a range of patient care options that are natural, evidence-based, cost-effective, non-invasive and integrated with traditional medicine. Under the leadership of Dr. Deborah Bushway, the Univ...ersity is poised for growth in academic program offerings, the pursuit of new healthcare innovations and a research agenda that will contribute to the advancement of health and wellness through integrative care.
Northwestern Health Sciences University prepares the next generation of health care professionals to deliver and advance health care.
We are a premier health sciences university creating a healthier world. Live, Learn, Serve Healthy!
• We cultivate caring and are by nature invested in the personal success and well-being of others.
• We listen deeply and with open minds to fully appreciate other perspectives.
• We look beyond symptoms to understand cause, then co-create solutions.
• We embody integrity and innovation; blending mastery with forward thinking.
• We practice intellectual humility and continuously engage in learning.
• We bridge the worlds of seen and unseen, of knowledge and action, of past and future.
• We foster physical, spiritual, and emotional health in ourselves and others.
• We bring generosity of spirit to our work and take joy in what we do together.
• We are united in purpose; earning one another’s trust and respectful of our differences.