Our portfolio is made up of innovative and established medicines and we have leading global positions in respiratory disease and HIV. We have been a leader in respiratory disease for over 40 years and have a portfolio of mature products. In recent years, we have strengthened and broadened our respiratory portfolio with the addition of new medicines including an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) and long-acting beta2 antagonist (LABA) combination, a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) and LABA dual bronchodilator.
Our HIV business is managed through ViiV Healthcare, a global specialty company in HIV that we majority ownership, with Pfizer and Shionogi as the other shareholders. ViiV Healthcare is now a leading global company in HIV and has had significant success with regulatory approval and industry leading launches of new medicines. ViiV Healthcare has a number of other antiretroviral medicines in clinical development.
In addition to respiratory and HIV, we have a portfolio of other innovative Pharmaceutical products for the treatment of conditions such as lupus, benign prostatic hyperplasia, type 2 diabetes and bacterial infections.
We also have an Established Products Portfolio (EPP) which includes mature medicines in the areas of anti-infectives, allergy, central nervous system, dermatology, respiratory and urology. These products are an important part of our Emerging Markets business where the GSK brand is an important differentiator.
What is the Esprit Commercial Pharmaceutical Leadership Program?
Esprit is GlaxoSmithKline’s leading global talent development program for MBA qualified individuals which nurtures a pipeline of diverse leaders, with the right capabilities and behaviors to drive GSK’s future strategic challenges. You’ll bring with you a wealth of knowledge and will recognize that there’s still plenty for you to learn and experience to become an extraordinary leader.
Esprit Commercial Pharmaceutical program’s overall goal is to support, stretch, develop and deliver leaders of the future. You will nurture your breadth of experience and leadership capabilities through Esprit’s accelerated development program.
How does the Esprit Commercial Pharmaceutical Leadership Program work?
You will spend 4 years on a fast track development program, working your way towards a senior commercial or country Management Team role. Beginning in your home country, you will experience 3-4 rotations, including international experience.
Throughout the program you will be encouraged to broaden your global business perspective, and enrich your existing commercial experience and knowledge.
Every step of the way we’ll provide you with focused development, training and support to help you achieve your greatest potential.
Whatever it is you’re doing, and wherever you are based, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer – all while building strong foundations for a successful career.
Is Esprit for you?
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals who can apply both academic excellence and commercial intelligence in a dynamic business environment - to recognize and deliver value for GlaxoSmithKline.
Before you Apply – It is important to remember;
The Esprit Development Program is passionate about developing local leadership capabilities for local countries so it is vital you have eligibility to live and work in the U.S. and will not require sponsorship in the future.
- You will be MBA qualified or on your journey towards obtaining your MBA in 2019.
- You may have 5+ years in a dynamic and varied career within a commercial setting which highlights your already accelerated career to date. This will include a passion for Sales and/or Marketing with a strong interest to enhance your career further within Pharmaceuticals.
- You will have some experience with Digital Marketing which will be a significant benefit.
- You will have excellent communication skills and a flexible mind set to forge your career in a global matrix organization.
- You will be tenacious, accountable and an innovative thinker to shape change within our fast paced and adaptable business.
- You have an inquisitive mind and would relish the opportunity to flourish in a diverse, transparent and intellectually demanding global leadership program
- You love what you do and want to work in an innovative, inspiring, high performing environment which also improve people’s lives - You are courageous to achieve results, excited by change, zealous about sales and marketing - You enjoy being accountable and you are ready to fast track your progression and take the personal accountability for delivering our commitments - GSK Values resonate and you want to work in a company where you are driven to perform with integrity, transparency, treat people with respect and always have our Patients first on your mind.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 180569
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission: we want to help people do more, feel better, live longer.