Bilingual Fundraising Manager, Mass Market Fundraising
August 3, 2018
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
Operation Smile has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip, cleft palate or other facial deformities. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it’s needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, Operation Smile has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated.
Visit www.operationsmile.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
All interested applicants should apply online at http://www.operationsmile.org/about-us/careers
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Bilingual Fundraising Manager position is a hands-on role to advance an expanding integrated fundraising program. (S)he acts as the Hispanic marketing expert, actively supporting campaign development and execution, with particular emphasis on direct mail, digital, vide and telefundraising.
Responsible for strategic direction and execution of fundraising strategy, specifically to Spanish supporters
Actively leads development and execution of all Spanish language fundraising campaigns, with particular emphasis on direct mail and telefundraising alongside and in conjunction with email and digital fundraising campaigns
Acts as daily point of contact for vendors to direct strategy, assign goals and campaign KPIs, ensure all deliverables are met, project timelines remain on schedule, and projects are within the assigned budget and scope of work
Implements procedures to review quality, ensure accuracy of information and brand consistency of all fundraising communications
Works closely with Director of Mass Market Fundraising and Manager of Digital Media and Strategy to provide insight and analytics of Hispanic marketing efforts including performance towards key performance metrics and budget; develop strategic recommendations based on analytics
Works with internal Brand team to direct resource collection for cultivation and acquisition direct response initiatives
Assists Director of Mass Market Fundraising with special projects as needed
Additional duties as necessary
Exceptional Spanish language communication skills
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as independently with self-direction
Ability to communicate and work across cultures
Proven ability to build effective relationships
High degree of initiative and independent judgment
Detail and results-oriented with excellent follow through
Strong ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
Positive, open-minded and flexible
Fluent in Spanish; experience in Hispanic marketing or fundraising is a plus
Minimum of 2 years experience with multichannel direct response programs
Demonstrated success in campaign development and implementation
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point); experience with e-CRM like Luminate is a plus
About Operation Smile
Operation Smile has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip, cleft palate or other facial deformities. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it’s needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, Operation Smile has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated. Visit www.operationsmile.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
All interested applicants should apply online at http://www.operationsmile.org/about-us/careers.
The Gifts-in-Kind (GIK) Coordinator works on the Global Philanthropy Team and coordinates with the Global Logistics and Materials Management team and Finance team. The Coordinator’s core responsibility is to increase gift-...in-kind medical and nonmedical donations by managing current donated inventory and asks and managing areas of potential for donated product, both in the US and globally.
1. Research products, gather information, and identify product needs for programmatic initiatives.
2. Research and evaluate Gifts-in-Kind opportunities for the organization on a global scale.
3. Record activity related to Gifts-in-Kind accounts in database.
4. Execute compliance functions for all gifts-in-kind medical product. Responsibilities would include, but not limited to: yearly reporting, product tracking requirements and/or adverse effect reporting, and policy reporting.
5. Develop procedures around product usage.
6. Identify international foundation Gifts-in-Kind needs by working closely with International Programs to understand regional needs.
7. Work closely with the logistics team to research, oversee and organize incoming donated medical supplies and equipment.
8. Provide Global Philanthropy team with preparation of all official documentation to support all GIK asks.
9. Respond regularly to public web inquiries regarding gifts-in-kind offerings.
10. Assist Global Philanthropy team with special projects and items as needed.
11. Communicate regularly with global staff and foundations.
12. Additional duties as necessary.
Experience Required (education/work):
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis or concentration in business, medical education preferred.
• Medical product and equipment knowledge, to include pharmaceuticals.
• Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience tracking inventory, developing procedures and with yearly medical donation reporting requirements and compliance policies.
• Experience in researching product detail to identify substitutions and/or new donation potential for our international programs.
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally if needed. (Possible 10%)
• Supply chain and program management experience highly desired.
• Experience in prospect research.
• Be self-directed and capable of problem-solving with minimal supervision.
• Ability to allocate time and priorities appropriately.
• Ability to work well with different cultures, countries and fundraising markets.
• Communicates effectively, efficiently and with clarity.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Teachable with a drive to learn.
• Capable of working individually and within a team setting within a complex, multifaceted organization.
• Ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to support the Global Philanthropy team in accurate and impactful donor reporting.
• Computer proficiency, including experience with logistics databases and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Raisers Edge, Financial Edge required.
• The candidate must have a willingness to learn the functions of all medical equipment and supplies, to include pharmaceuticals.