The Community Relations Manager builds new and established referral relationships that support growth of Arbour Hospital.Â Includes business development for inpatient, partial hospitalization, Intensive outpatient, and outpatient programs in the Jamaica Plain and Quincy markets.
Essential Functions: Â
1.Â Maintains existing base of referral sources and contracts through a systematized sales call and follow-up approach that focuses on the needs of the referral sources. Primary focus is to improve referral development for adult inpatient services and all system PHP programs.Â
Target areas for sales include, but are not limited to:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Boston-area Emergency Service Programs
Select acute care hospital emergency room, inpatient psychiatric social workers, and other applicable staff
Community mental health centers, outpatient clinicians
CSUs, FSTs and other mental health diversionary programs
Other applicable programs
2. Meets targeted goal averaging three face-to-face contacts with external referral sources per day.
3. Exhibits creative mechanisms to reach existing and new referral contacts, as measured by subsequent results from contact, and monitored by supervisor.Â Coordinates referral sources visits on behalf of hospital staff, ensuring that this augments the sales efforts.Â Collects and summarizes contacts across the organization, maintaining a concise database by referral name and organization.
4. On a weekly basis, develops a pre-scheduled sales plan which reflects high priority referral sources and key contacts and is approved by the Marketing Director prior to implementation.Â Identifies key program areas to be marketed, including expected outcome of visit, follow-up action, etc.
5. Emphasizes strong satisfaction of referral sources (lack of complaints, rapid response to concerns, effective problem solving, loyalty of referral source) through development of coordinated response to concerns.Â Â Follows through on identified issues, ensuring action plan development and issue resolution.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 6. Stimulates volume and revenue from existing and new referral sources to the Hospitalsâ€™ inpatient and partial hospitalization services, etc. by seizing opportunities to promote services via relationship management/sales approach, as measured by number of referrals/admissions, and monitored by supervisor.
7. Maintains organized data base on referral sources and reports on status in a systematized fashion, including referral statistics for trending.Â Â Assists marketing communications in maintaining updated mailing lists to allow successful distribution of targeted marketing communications.Â Coordinates efforts with Intake Departments to ensure accurate and complete data collection on admission, and develops monthly, or as needed reports on MS4 or other database system.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 8. Participates in the development of marketing communications material to support the community relations/sales program.Â Identifies creative communication methods to reach targeted audience. .Â Participates in the development of RFP responses or other proposals as requested by supervisor
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 9. Manages an effective follow-up program regarding identified issues with emphasis on producing results as measured by hospital census, increased scope of referral base; and monitored by supervisor.Â Promptly follows up on areas needing action including with Intake Department, Nursing, PHP Directors and other staff
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 10. Assists in Strategic Planning process by identifying system strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, as well as identification of new programs and services, and as requested by supervisor.Â Makes suggestions and develops proposals on areas of opportunity for services, referral or program development
11. Develops positive internal relationships to ensure consistent and timely responsiveness to referral sources.
12. Acts as a liaison for external AHS events
13. Manages administrative responsibilities in organized, responsible fashion.Â
14. Supports system/other departments as neededâ€"works to identify opportunities to improve discharge placements of patients from the hospital through relationships with existing agencies and the opportunity to establish free standing discharge resource programs for the hospital.