Vice President of Development, Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is the state’s largest private, domestic hunger-relief organization and a member of Feeding America’s network of Food Banks. The nonprofit provides enough food to feed more than 126,000 hungry Oklahomans each week through a network of more than 1,300 schools and charitable feeding programs in 53 central and western Oklahoma counties. Since its inception in 1980, the Regional Food Bank has distributed more than 587 million pounds of food to feed Oklahoma’s hungry.
The RFBO is a highly respected, well-run, complex organization operating at the highest standards to fulfill its mission. The organization’s core values of innovation, stewardship and vitality are at the forefront of its growth and evident in its daily work environment. As an innovator, RFBO is a leader in the national Feeding America network; as a steward of its resources, RFBO is implementing LEAN Process Improvement throughout the organization to create an even greater return on donor investment; and the vitality of RFBO’s 120 full time employees is palpable as they work together as one team, with one goal and one mission.
The RFBO has a comprehensive development program. As a member of the executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Development is responsible for leading resource development efforts at the RFBO, including strategic growth and development, overseeing a strong and vibrant development and marketing team, staffing the development efforts of the RFBO Foundation, and managing relationships with strategic major philanthropic partners. The Vice President of Development will direct fundraising and marketing strategy for the RFBO, will secure major philanthropic gifts for the RFBO, will partner with stakeholders to maximize the RFBO’s fundraising, and will provide senior-level development expertise to the CEO.
- Oversee all fundraising, development, special events, public relations, community engagement, and external communications. Responsible for meeting the philanthropic goals of the RFBO.
- Maintain an active major donor portfolio of 30+ donors. Work in close partnership with CEO and other staff leadership on building relationships with major philanthropic partners.
- Work closely with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma’s Boards of Directors to support board members in the fundraising process.
- Lead a process that obtains input from senior leadership to identify and recommend priorities for potential philanthropic projects that will yield the highest impact for the RFBO.
- Design and direct capital and operational campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Provide leadership and support for Foundation Board meetings. Oversee Foundation committee structure, meetings and progress.
- Lead and work closely with development and marketing staff. Experience with leading, coaching, and mentoring a development team to real financial results is a must.
- Serves as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions.
- Construct, articulate and implement the annual integrated development and marketing
- Provides strategic leadership to ensure effective use of marketing strategies that advance the organization’s development plan and other strategic goals.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure effective implementation of the organization’s public relations communication plan and crisis communications plan.