The Growth and Community Engagement Manager is a full-time exempt position on Rocketship’s California Bay Area Growth and Community Engagement (GCE) team serving the 10 South Bay schools. With the support and guidance of the Regional Director, and the Bay Area GCE team, this role is responsible for leading parent organizing and community mobilizing efforts for all Rocketship schools in the Bay Area; managing and coaching a team of Education Organizers and volunteer parent leaders in results driven education advocacy campaigns; developing key relationships and mobilizing community efforts in targeted campaigns to support and sustain existing schools, and coordinating with school leaders in the retention, engagement, and support of our students and families.
This position is critical to regional efforts to build public trust and currency across the Bay Area by partnering effectively with families, community organizations, faith-based institutions, private sector institutions, and civic leaders as key collaborators and stakeholders in closing the achievement gap. This hands-on, regional role is part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team, and the Manager must be prepared to mobilize a team both at the macro community level as well as organize within the school environment, strategize and implement project plans, monitor and analyze data, and drive results for multiple time sensitive projects.
This position works closely with the regional Bay Area GCE Team and the Network Support Team (NeST), with a focus on building relationships, leadership development of Charter School parents, strategic thinking and planning, and support of regional goals through influence (rather than management).
This position requires moderate travel in the greater Bay Area region, flexibility of schedule, including willingness to work weekends and evening hours as events demand.
- Manage a team of Education Organizers and parent volunteers towards the vision of building strong, trusting relationships with families and staff, investing them in the school's success, influencing them to support their student, resulting in maximum parent engagement and retention.
- Create and execute parent leadership plans for existing Rocketship schools in San Jose D3, D5 and D7, ensuring support of school leaders in achieving parent engagement goals.
- Organize and plan school and community events that bring schools, families, and the broader community together in support of maximum parent engagement and education advocacy goals in Rocketship schools.
- Plan and facilitate weekly professional development sessions and monthly parent leadership trainings with a focus on PICO model organizing to support parent empowerment in achieving equity in education in their community.
- Collaborate with school leaders to ensure that parents are deeply engaged in the school community and are highly effective advocates for educational priorities throughout the region.
- Foster relationships and develop champions with community based organizations, faith leaders, elected officials, civic and community leaders that lead to positive engagement of the community and neighborhoods where Rocketship has and will have a presence.
- Support charter renewal petitions in authorizing school districts and county offices in Santa Clara County in order to support the reauthorization of high performing Rocketship schools and further develop Rocketship’s impact and growth in the Bay Area.
- Engage external stakeholders with a focus on developing existing relationships and building new partnerships that will help support the work of communicating educational options to families in the communities we serve.
- Support annual compliance and monitoring visits with Charter authorizers and regular tours with district and community partners in order to ensure the promotion and sustainability of quality Rocketship schools in the Bay Area.
- Provide support to the Regional Director and Bay Area GCE team with regional campaigns as needed.
- Develop high quality marketing and presentation materials to move messages across a diverse community across the Bay Area Region.
- Work with Bay Area Regional Team and national Network Support Team to foster community among faculty and staff members across the region.
- Occasionally provide accurate and detailed, rapid-response research to assist Network Support Team and Regional Director with evaluating various growth strategies.