Currently Vantage has an exciting, full-time opportunity available in its Outside Sales Group in the New England Territory which includes CT,MA,NH,VT and ME.
Vantage seeks a dynamic individual, who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and has an interest in both the promotional products and apparel industries.
The Outside Sales Representative’s main responsibility is to protect, grow and develop new profitable sales and business relationships for Vantage Apparel in the assigned territory and with assigned accounts. This is to be achieved by spending 75% of his/her time meeting with customers and prospective customers; conducting product/service presentations, conducting consultative sales meetings, canvassing the territory with collateral materials and drop by visits, attending regional and national industry tradeshows and road shows, and performing other services and activities that will maintain, grow, and develop sales, sales opportunities, and ongoing beneficial business relationships.
The balance of work time will be spent on activities that support the Outside Sales efforts being made by developing solutions & sales for customers and prospects as well as reporting activities. These activities would include scheduling of travel and meetings, outbound telemarketing and follow-up phone calls, coordination of marketing and email campaigns, preparing quotes and proposals, onsite facility visits with customers/prospects and more.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of sales in the promotional products market through normal distribution channels as well as a working knowledge of the industry and will be located in the Boston, MA or surrounding areas.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the Promotional Products industry, including the industry’s business model, pricing structures, companies, and people are preferred. Knowledge of the apparel business and/or the decorated apparel business is a plus. Knowledge of Vantage Apparel’s product lines and services is a plus
- Three years of sales experience working either as an Inside or Outside Sales Representative is preferred o Knowledge of the geographical territory
- Must own or have ongoing consistent access to reliable independent transportation.
- Candidate must be able to lift 35 lbs. Being comfortable transporting a rolling rack of clothing along with boxes of collateral printed material is preferred
- Overnight travel (6 times per year at minimum)
Supervisory Responsibility This position doesn’t have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
Travel Moderate-high travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience Bachelor's degree, and/or three to five years related job experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.