Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of youth by providing youth development services for children in New York City’s most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at four sites throughout Brooklyn and the Bronx. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Sport & Fitness Director at our Navy Yard Clubhouse in Brooklyn, NY.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating departmental programs, activities and events under the direct supervision of the Assistant Clubhouse Director and providing individual guidance and referrals as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruiting, training and evaluating departmental staff
- Supervise assigned staff members in all phases of their work
- Recruit members to consistently participate in sports & fitness programming
- Ensure members demonstrate new skills and sportsmanship
- Develop instructional and competitive games, sports and various activities
- Ensure thorough evaluation for all departmental programs and services
- Initiate and maintain community contacts with families, schools and other organizations and institutions to enhance programs and services
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment in program areas
- Deliver fun and engaging programming for boys and girls, ages 6-18