Reporting to and in partnership with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Grants Manager will spearhead development efforts with private foundations and community organizations for the SBCC Foundation.
The Grants Manager works with the CDO and the CEO to identify, prepare and submit grant applications to diverse grant making organizations and private foundations locally, regionally and nationally. The Grants Manager coordinates all activities pertaining to grants and grant cycles, including application, submission, follow-up communications, and required reporting for each grant. Grants Manager maintains an accessible annual grants calendar, and uses the Foundation’s donor database to track individual grant proposals and produce intermittent (or as needed) grant status and funding reports from said database. Grant manager is responsible for drafting, completion, and follow-up of grant applications between the SBCC Foundation and SBCC departments or programs receiving grant funding.
Grants Manager is facile with the details of SBCC’s major disciplines, instructional and support programs, and student services. Grant Manager establishes and maintains close working relationships with SBCC faculty, program directors, and administrators associated with college programs.
The Grants Manager, working with the CDO, is chiefly responsible for expanding and diversifying SBCC Foundation’s foundation and corporate donor base/pipeline.
- Work with the CEO and CDO to realize the development goal of the Foundation as it pertains to foundation and corporate support
- Proactively prospect (using all technological tools available) new foundation and potential corporate connections in anticipation of grant applications to same
- Organize oversight, writing, submission, and (donor and internal) reporting associated with all private grants and corporate requests
- Ensure the highest standard in fulfilling donor intent.
- Monitor and report on grant writing, submission, and reporting activities as requested
- Work with the Foundation CFO and Supervising Accountant as well as SBCC department and program advisors to provide precise and complete financial reporting to foundations
Relationship Building –
- Expand and diversify Foundation’s corporate and foundation donor base/pipeline through outreach and stewardship
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with SBCC faculty and program directors
- Establish and maintain close professional relationships with foundation, organization, and corporate representatives
- Connect sources of philanthropic support with SBCC
- Ensure complete intermediary and annual grant reports are provided in a timely fashion
- Coordinate all grant requests with CDO
- Develop pipelines to strengthen the SBCC Foundation’s overall fundraising capacity
- Work with Gifts Processor to ensure that all prospect lists, invitation lists, pledge forms, and new donor input into Raiser’s Edge is accurate and consistent with donors’ intentions
- Oversee outstanding pledges pertaining to grants and ensure that pledges have schedules and are maintained
- Communicating to CDO any additional needs for research, administrative support, technology, training, and materials
- Maintain records in clear, concise fashion, making certain that all are available to Foundation staff on the shared computer drive
- Maintain a separate file on the Foundation’s shared computer drive for all common auxiliary documents are up-to-date and available; coordinate with CFO for annual audited financials; coordinate with Confidential Executive Assistant for current board lists
• Actively work with CEO and CDO to develop and implement a comprehensive grant strategy
• Assume primary responsibility for development and execution of all foundation, organization, and corporate grants
• Monitor all Foundation information for accuracy and updates