We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and organized EVENTS ASSISTANT to be part of our team, based in Los Angeles, CA. The ideal candidate will provide support for annual events in the region including walks, wine tastings, golf tournaments, and volunteer led events.
- Provide day-to-day event support for Events Managers, including database entry and office support.
- Draft event correspondence, gift acknowledgments, corporate proposals, website copy, printed materials, and auction solicitations.
- Coordinate schedules and meetings among Event Committee members and staff.
- Manage invitation responses, donations, guest lists and mailing lists.
- Develop and design promotional materials such as invitations, advertisements, posters and presentations.
- Research prospective event locations and funding resources, such as corporate, foundation and individual sponsors.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors, and maintain invoices and expenses based on FFB accounting procedures.
- Provide day of event support, including evening and weekend events, and minimal travel. Knowledge of Walk events highly desirable.
- Solicit in-kind donations, auction items, and other services as needed.
Maintain excellent customer service and support with all volunteers, FFB Board Members and National Trustees, donors and event attendees.