The Advertising Research Foundation (The ARF) is the only organization that creates and curates objective, original research through education, events, and networking for advertising practitioners. By providing leading-edge solutions and anticipating the industry’s challenges, we are trusted by over 400 member companies from leading brands, agencies, research firms, media, and tech. Our unique network enables us to generate relevant insights, provide a platform for members to share findings, empower members to make impactful marketing decisions, and challenge convention. We help our members be smarter faster and support them in being fearless leaders in their organization and in the future.
ARF Interns are given a unique opportunity to work very closely with senior staff, something that is not possible in many organizations. Interns are able to hone their project management and organizational skills through a wide variety of tasks. All students will work on business projects suitable for a resume summary.
The ARF is host to many events which interns are often able to attend. Our events are packed with industry leaders, thus creating an excellent networking opportunity for our interns.
Interns will be asked to work 20 hours/week and will be compensated with a lunch stipend and Metrocard reimbursement.
The Business Development Department works hand-in-hand with the Research, Events, and Membership Departments to identify and engage prospective members & industry leading companies to participate in the ARF Member Community through various Membership Benefits, value offerings and customized events.
Your role will be to assist and support the Business Development team in various operations, communications, research, and (sometimes) strategic tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Developing business development materials and communications (ie. DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF, PSD, VCF, etc.)
- Managing administration tasks such as scheduling duties, coordinating various events/meetings/appointments, managing various email inquiries and phone calls, coordinating various travel logistics, etc
- Sales & Business Development tasks such as researching prospects, gathering necessary information for projects and presentations, attending company meetings, inputting sales leads into CRM database (Salesforce), and helping to develop tactics that achieve company strategic sales goals including 100% client satisfaction
- Assisting with the coordination and planning of various events
- Other projects as assigned
The ARF will offer you access to companies such as Facebook, Google, AT&T,Kellogg, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Ogilvy, JWT, Digitas, Viacom, NBC, ESPN, Nielsen, comScore, etc. We strive to be proactive and offer application and process driven solutions cross-industry. Members come to us for leadership in best practices and utilize the learning brought through vertical integration and sharing. This work experience will add credibility to a resume and will serve as an entry to many well recognized companies.
You will have access to:
- New members through hands-on learning at workshops
- The Knowledge Center
- First Class Industry trainings and events
- New Research Initiatives
- The JAR publication, etc.